Charlottenburg - The Round Village
Charlottenburg was founded in 1771, during Empress Maria Theresa, by colonization with the Germans (Swabians), being the only village in Banat built in the shape of a circle.
Also known as Şarlota, the locality is now a historical monument.
In 2016, there were 202 inhabitants here.
The settlement, founded by count von Clary und Aldringen, president of the Banat Administration at that time, is located about 44 km from Timisoara.
In the middle of the colony there was a plantation of mulberry trees, which the inhabitants had the duty to care for, and in the nineteenth century, the church, the school and the post office were erected in this central area.
Today, there are about 34 old mulberry trees in the village.
Due to the collect made by the Swabians who left the village, there were repaired the church built in 1875-1876 by the Baron Sina de Hodos et Kizdia and the school built in 1896.
Charlottenburg is home to the largest and oldest hunting park in the country, and in 2014 the Charlottenburg Cinegetic Museum was inaugurated.
Passionate about hunting, Siegfried von Wimpffen, owner of the domain at the end of the nineteenth century, built a hunting house here, and at the beginning of the past century had arranged the hunting park over an area of more than 1200 hectares to delight its guests, but also to protect crops from damages caused by animals.