The Weiss Palace
Architecture / Palace
The Weiss Palace, located at 2 Bulevardul Republicii, was built in 1912 for the Weiss family.
The building was designed by Arnold Merbl Co., based on Adalbert Szladek's plans, and the pediment was redesigned by architect Székely László.
The architectural style is Eclectic, influenced by the 1900s style, with elements typical of the Secession trend.
The main pediment of the building faces the town theatre, while the ground floor houses several shops. The Palace comprises 27 residential apartments, and the building entrance is on Sf.Ioan St.
Text and photo sources: http://www.timisoara-info.ro/; http://timisoara.eventya.eu/