It is a monastery of nuns dedicated to the "Beheading of Saint John the Baptist" (August 29), located about 14 km from Timișoara, in the Giroc Forest.
It was founded by Metropolitan Vasile Lăzărescu in 1944. Disbanded during the communist regime, it was reorganized by the diligence of Metropolitan Nicolae Corneanu.
The first church was built between 1968-1972. The painting was executed by Victor Jurcă from Lugoj, and the sanctification of the church took place on August 29, 1972. After 1990, a building for pilgrims accomodation was put into use.
It has become an Easter tradition for the nuns from Timişeni to paint 1,000 red eggs in order to give them to the faithful people who come to the Resurrection of the Lord service.
Address: Şag commune, Timiş county
Access: on the road - DN 59 Timişoara, to the south - Şag (14 km).
Railways: Timişoara - Reșița, Timişeni station
Text and photo sources: http://mitropolia-banatului.ro/, http://turismtimis.ro/