Iron Bridge - Lugoj
Symbol of Lugoj, the bridge was inaugurated in August 1902, replacing the old wooden bridge, demolished a year earlier.
By building the bridge, the two sides of the Timiş river were systematized.
For 35 years this was the only way to cross the river.
To build the bridge over 185 tons of iron were brought from Resiţa. The huge amount of metal was transported using carts pulled by oxen.
Text and photo source: http://www.turismlugoj.ro/